Lung cancer takes more lives than breast, prostate and colon cancers combined.
Below are a few facts about lung cancer:
- Smoking is responsible for roughly 90% of all cases of lung cancer
- 81% of those living with lung cancer are over the age of 60
- Non-smokers have a 20-30% greater chance of developing lung cancer if they are exposed to secondhand smoke at home or work
- Studies suggest that women who smoke may be more likely to develop lung cancer than men who smoke
- Stopping smoking, regardless of age, significantly reduces the risk of lung cancer
Radiology Associates of Tallahassee offers a Low-Dose CT Lung Screen for patients who have a history of smoking a pack a day for 30 years or 2 packs a day for 15 years. Talk with your doctor today for additional advice and information regarding this exam.
For more information regarding Lung Cancer, please visit http://www.lungcanceralliance.org.